Pre-cooked kielbasa, which is also called “ring sausage,” is a tasty sausage that has been gently smoked. It often has pork, beef, and other kinds of meat in it. It tastes great on its own, spread on toast, or mixed into a bowl of pasta because it has a hint of smoke.
If you have some Kielbasa and don’t know what to do with it, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered. You could try our recipes for Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa.
So, let’s get right to the recipes for Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa.
How to Make Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa
In less than 30 minutes, you can make kielbasa pasta, which is a warm and filling meal. This simple kielbasa pasta dish is sure to become a family favourite. It is made with smoked Polish sausage, bell peppers, tomatoes, and Parmesan.
Because kielbasa and pasta go well together, this is a great recipe that will please everyone in the family.
Let’s get to the recipe right away.
- Preparation – 5 Mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Total: 25 mins
- 400 g (1 lb) kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 300 g (10.5 oz) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 2 large finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large sliced red or green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 100 g (3.5 oz) baby spinach
- 400 g (14 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 30 g (⅓ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- After adding salt to boiling water, cook pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package. Save 1 to 2 cups of the water from the pasta before you drain it.
- While that is happening, heat some olive oil in a Dutch oven or other deep skillet over medium heat and fry the kielbasa for about three to four minutes, or until it gets a bit crunchy. Using a slotted spoon, take the sausage out of the pot and set it aside.
- After the sausage is done, use the same oil to cook the shallots and bell peppers until they soften, stirring them every so often.
- Cook for another minute after adding the garlic, Italian spice mix, and red pepper flakes.
- Next, add the crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the baby spinach and keep the pot on low heat for another minute or so, until the spinach wilts.
- Put the kielbasa back into the pot and stir in the cooked pasta. If it looks too thick, use a splash of the pasta water you saved.
- After adding the Parmesan, mix well. Season to your taste and serve right away, adding more Parmesan on top if you like.
How to Keep Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes That Are Leftover?
Leftovers can be kept in the fridge safely for up to three days. Whenever you can, put them in a container that won’t let air in. The microwave is the best way to heat up this pasta. If you want to reheat it on the stove, you need to add water or chicken stock.
If you want to freeze the pasta, we suggest freezing only the sauce and adding freshly cooked pasta just before serving.
Recipe Hints for Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa:
- If you want spicier sauce, add more red chilli flakes or 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You can make the sauce even healthier by adding vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms.
- You can use any cheese you like instead. Any strong cheese would go well with kielbasa.
- Try different kinds of sausage, like polish, smoked, or turkey.
What to Serve With Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes?
This dish, which is made with pasta and vegetables, is a complete meal on its own. Even though this kielbasa pasta is filling on its own, you can add a green salad, some vegetables, and some garlic bread to make it even better.
We hope the recipe works out for you. Tell us your thoughts and ideas in the comments section below!
We appreciate your reading!