Are you craving some fast food that you can make quickly and quench your hunger? Look no more, as Mexican rice made with tomato paste is the best and easiest food to make and fulfill your hunger quickly. Moreover, it is healthy too, made with rice. Moreover, it really has few ingredients that can be easily available at home. But you may ask how to make Mexican Rice with tomato paste.
So here is its full recipe that your mouth will feel to its core.
Mexican Rice with Tomato Paste/Mexican Red Rice
This cocktail is traditionally made in a champagne flute with Champagne and orange juice; however, there are several variations. The peach mimosa, made with peach juice or peach liqueur, is the most popular version.
Let’s know the whole recipe to make it so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 05 Mins
- Cook: 35 mins
- Total: 40 mins
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ½ medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 ½ cups broth
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Put the rice in a strainer or colander with a fine mesh and rinse it under running water until the water is clear. Drain well.
- Put the oil in a large saucepan or pot on low to medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the rice and cook it for 10 minutes, often stirring, until it starts to turn a light brown color.
- Add the garlic, onion, tomato, and salt. For 30 seconds, stir and saute.
- Add the chicken stock and tomato paste. Stir everything completely until the tomato paste is gone.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to low heat, cover, and leave to cook for 20 minutes. Take the pan or pot from the heat, cover, and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and fluff the rice gently with a fork. Don’t mess with it. If required, season with additional salt.
How to Store Leftover Mexican Red Rice:
You can easily store the leftover Mexican Red Rice in the fridge for nearly 5-6 days, and they will still taste good. You can even freeze the rice for up to 6 months. And for defrosting, leave rice for a few hours before reheating them in the microwave or stovetop.
Tips For Mexican Red Rice:
- You can even add jalapeno or serrano pepper for additional spiciness and astute if you like.
- Mexican rice is best cooked in a high-quality, nonstick saute pan.
- Don’t be tempted to peek inside! The rice must be cooked under steam to achieve its characteristic texture and fluffiness. If you want perfectly cooked rice, you need to remove the lid and let the steam escape.
This was all about the easy and tasty Mexican Rice with Tomato Paste or Mexican Red Rice. You can easily make them at your home without much effort. The recipe is best for bachelor, home-alone guys, or even when you are tired to make anything efforty.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!