QUEEN OF HEARTS
Here are the rules as updated on 11/28/21). Changes have been bolded and underlined.
1. There are 52 cards and 2 jokers for a total of 54 cards.
2. All raffle tickets are $1.00 per chance, with no limit on the number of tickets that may be purchased. Tickets may be purchased immediately after the weekly drawing and up until 15 minutes prior to the next week’s drawing. Tickets will be sold at Brickstone Pizza only.
3. There can be only one name per ticket. Write your name and telephone number legibly on the back of the ticket and return it to the bartender to be placed in the ticket drum. The other half of the ticket will be retained by the purchasing player for verification purposes. In the event you will not be present for the drawing, you may place the envelope number you wish to pick on the back of the ticket. If a player is not present and there is not a number on the chosen ticket, a card will be randomly drawn. Do not write nicknames or abbreviations.
4. Each Thursday at 7:00 PM, a ticket will be drawn from the tickets purchased that week. If you show up after 7:00 PM, and your name and/or ticket number was announced 3 times, you will be considered not present. The age verification clock in the bar area is the official clock. Drawings will not be held on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas or New Years that fall on the scheduled day of drawing.
5. The prize pool will be determined before the start of the raffle. The total prize pool will continue to accumulate weekly until the QUEEN OF HEARTS is drawn. The jackpot amount, based on ticket sales, will be updated weekly and prominently displayed in the bar area.
6. If your ticket is drawn, you get to choose a card. If the chosen card is the QUEEN OF HEARTS the winner will receive 50% of the Jackpot. 40% of the jackpot will go to a charity chosen by the winner from the following list and 10% will be used as seed for the next drawing. In the event you are not present, your ticket is drawn and you are the QUEEN OF HEARTS winner, you will receive 30% of the Jackpot. 45% of the jackpot will go to K9s for Warriors and 25% will be used as seed for the next drawing.
Select charities, as of 11/29/21 are:
K9s for Warriors, Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation, Give Kids the World and Wounded Warrior Project
7. Winning payouts other than the Queen of Hearts are as follows: JOKERS $50, FACE CARDS AND ACES $25. All other cards have a $0 value.
9. Once a card is selected, it will be removed from play and shown face up on the board. Each week after the drawing, all tickets for that week’s drawing will be destroyed. New tickets must be purchased each week.
10. The QUEEN OF HEARTS game board will be displayed in the bar area when in use. It will be locked at all times except for the drawing.
11. Tax implications may be applicable. Both Brickstone Pizza and Subs and the recipients of winnings agree to comply with any/all IRS and State of Florida requirements as may exist.